Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For Ben

I initially posted this and hated it, so I took it down. Sargent studies pale in comparison to the originals..... always. I felt like, at the time, I should have learned more on this one, but in retrospect I did. The paintings where there is less going on are the more difficult ones. I also stumbled on to a new brush that kind of works like when you apply a stroke on already built up oils. Ben, we should go drawing, or I'll take your online class. One of the two.

7 comments:

Adam Temple said...

Great brushes.. So textural. Glad you re-posted.

Jelter said...

Ha, aren't you still in LA? I'm expecting a call as soon as you get back to SF. As for taking my class... why don't you teach ME some stuff?

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

Ryan, I wanted you to know that Ruben Deanda passed away last Tuesday, July 13. I am sorry to post this here but this is the only way I think I know to write to you. I received a note from Maria, his wife today. There is a memorial service in SoCal - Saturday, July 31 . Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 790 Rancho Del Rey Parkway, Chula Vista, CA 91910

I am in NYC until that day but will see if there's a way I can get there. Please share this with any of his students/friends that you would like to.

Kevin

la stanza in fondo agli occhi said...

Your works are great! It'my opinion and I know I'm not an expert, but I like them!

Alina Chau said...

stunning!

Eytan Zana said...

Dude! you are awesome! lovin' it!

Kalpesh Patel said...

I really like your work. glad to see your new posts